Add Online Payment Fee to offset Stripe Processing Fees
Why add an Online Payment Processing Fee?
Stripe, like all payment processors, takes processing fees out of payments.
You can add an Online Payment Processing Fee to your invoices to charge your customers for some or all of those fees.
NOTE: this is only available for Stripe integrated subscribers.
How to add an Online Payment Processing Fee to Invoices
- Go to Settings -> Your Invoices -> Invoice Settings.
- Check the box to Include Online Payment Processing Fee.
- Enter a label and a percentage.
Changes to Invoices
The Invoicing process will have the following extras when you add an Online Payment Processing fee:
- Create Invoice form shows option to include Online Payment Fee;
- Send Invoice form shows option to include Online Payment Fee;
- Emailed Invoices will show a note that a Online Payment Fee will be added to the invoice balance;
- Stripe’s Checkout page will show a line item for Online Payment Fee.
Changes to Payments
Payments received via Stripe will reflect an Online Payment Fee in the following ways:
- The Financials Dashboard Payments list will show the amount paid via Stripe for the Invoice Balance, with the amount paid for the Online Payment Fee in parentheses.
- The Payments Report will show the amount paid via Stripe for the Invoice Balance.
- The Payments Report will show the amount paid via Stripe for the Online Payment Fee.
- The Payments Report has a checkbox to let you decide whether or not to display payments for Online Payment Fees as separate line items.
Stripe help pages:
– Learn about the benefits of using Stripe.
– How to set up your Stripe account.
– How to manage and customize your Stripe account.
– View a step-by-step guide to Invoicing with StableSecretary and receiving Payments through Stripe.
– Go back to StableSecretary.
We are here to help you.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (617) 564-1241 | Support Page